My Arkansas, Then And Now

My Arkansas, Then And Now

Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Mother, Audrey

My mother Audrey, her favorite bird dog, Suzie-girl (my dad’s spelling on the back of photo), and me. From the looks of it, I either missed my nap or am right in the middle of it.

Suzie-girl was one of two of my mom’s most loved dogs. The other being Billy-boy, brother of Suzie-girl. Billy-boy is pictured in the mast of this web site, second row.

Audrey was the wife of Artie C. “Jack” Cotner and mother of Jack, David and Janet Cotner.

This photo was taken in 1947 out front of our home in Booneville’s Hodge’s Addition. The Addition sits just north across Highway 10 from the Booneville Cemetery and east of the main part of the town of Booneville, Arkansas. Not sure if the old house is still there. Anyone know for sure?

If you have any memories or additional information related to this photo or anything in this post, you are welcome to post it here in Comments or send it to me via email. Hope to hear from you

1 comment:

  1. The house is still there and being lived in. The house we moved to after moving back to Arkansas, also in the Hodges addition on the next block west, is gone.

    ReplyDelete